The successful candidate shall report to the Executive Assistant Manager – Ops and will be based in Buahan Bali, Indonesia.
Candidates must have prior Executive Chefs / Culinary background.
To ensure that all operational and administrational activities in the property are operating in accordance with the hotel’s standards of performance are in quality, profitability, safety and sustainably orientated controls. In our quest to maximize guest satisfaction and efficiency in our working environment and also to enable you to delight our guests every time by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts we have adopted the Principle of Multi-Skilling where possible in all operations.
Checking operational standards
- Is responsible for the proper, efficient and profitable functioning of the Food and Beverage, Kitchen and Landscape
- Oversee the production of food & beverage (including Kitchen) within the Hotel ensuring that the quality of the product is consistently upheld. Implement menu engineering and maximize food and beverage revenue whilst controlling costs and other overheads.
- In addition, participate in corporate initiatives and external culinary events, as well as assist in the marketing of the food and beverage outlets when necessary.
- To ensure that all operational departments follow the departmental standards of performance at all times.
- To continuously improve all hotel facilities and services in order to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and, through this, maximum return on investment for the owner.
- To innovate and ensure the hotel sustainability activities are diligently managed, executed and measured
- Comply and suggest areas of improvement on Signature standards and concepts to Regional Director and/or EAM Ops at your property; especially the community dinning
- To ensure monthly self-audits of guest experiences, the property safety and security, food hygiene, cleanliness of FOH and BOH, preventive maintenance and brand standards are carried out
- Manage and overlook the organic garden and farming that is part of the hotel. Continues research on new ingredients to be planted that can increase the quality of the guest dining experience.
- To ensure associates are treated with respect while embracing a living community. In an ambience where the team’s and guests interest or areas of expertise are potential for continuous improvement.
- Strong network in the industry and trend of the culinary world. That will potential new food sourcing suppliers, experimenting with new food trends and collaborating with chefs of the industry.
- To participate annual departmental budgets together with the EAM Operation, cluster head and Corporate Offices
- To approve and sign all finance related documents, ie; purchases, requisitions, rebates in the absence of EAM- Operation
- To monitor and control the property expenses of your own departments.
- To manage the monthly revenue/expenses, forecast, P&L statements, productivity, accounts payable, ageing reports
- To implement revenue generating initiatives and procedures in order to generate maximum FB revenue and profit. ie; upselling and cost efficiency management
- To ensure that information relevant to day-to-day, future operations and events are communicated to all associates in the property.
- To conduct regular meeting when EAM Operation is off duty
- Make sure all events and seasonable activities are communicating at an appropriate time for Marketing team to be able to have enough time to promote and take actions.
- To attend monthly P&L, business strategic alignments, guest satisfaction, property management, associate welfare with key property team members
- To attend monthly conference call with Cluster head and HQ on the progress of the individual KPIs and other subjects
- To send daily revenue and daily property reports as stablish by corporate HQ
- To greet arriving guests and VIP’s whenever possible and personally cook their preferred dishes.
- To handle guest complaints to the mutual benefit of both parties
- To provide information to guests as and when required
- To handle and forward special guest requests
- To lead, initiate and innovate the daily Management Engagement sessions with guests to understand, solicit feedbacks and take immediate actions to resolve them
- To manage and respond all social media feedbacks related to the property
- Kitchens at BT Escape are open kitchens, therefore guests are able to interact during cooking preparation. Every chef to show an impeccable hygiene appearance and manners
Sales & Marketing
- To host and entertain travel agents, tour operators, media people and all other visitors with importance for future business generation if requested by EAM- Operation
- In absence of EAM Operation, booking situation should be oversee on daily basis to ensure efforts are taken to generate highest possible yield per room.
- To interview suitable candidates for vacant positions following the hotel’s interview procedures. Both EAM will interview all associates.
- To appraise department heads before the end of probation periods, transfers or promotions and on a biannually basis, following the hotel’s performance appraisal procedures.
- To conduct grievance and disciplinary interviews as and when required following the hotel’s counseling and disciplinary procedures.
- To ensure that work rosters for FB, Kitchen and Landscape are prepared on time, ensuring that a sufficient number of employees are available, according to the volume of business. In absence of EAM – Ops EAM
- To prepare an annual vacation plan for all operational department heads, in accordance with the hotel’s leave procedures.
- To monitor the productivity of individual employees and positions and to initiate action to improve their output as and when required.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To lead in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and security, training and development.
- To ensure that all employees have complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policies and procedures and rules and regulations
- To share with associates guest feedbacks on areas to improve and areas to celebrate
- To ensure that associate recognition programs are there to celebrate and recognize exemplary achievements
- To ensure that all employees are trained in all standards of performance and can perform all tasks required of them.
- To share all guests and Operations Manager feedbacks with the team on areas for improvements and celebrate
- To monitor the property monthly and annual training plans, ensuring their relevance, urgencies are carefully planned and minimum training hours per associate are met.
- To ensure that all associates are multi skilled trained and leverage on their unique skills and interests
- To monitor effectiveness of training by comparing actual performance against the department’s standards of performance
- To meet with all associates once a month to review the progress of the department’s training plan
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please email resume in MS Word format with current & expected salary, & availability to: Ms Tan Yi Ting at Tan.Yiting@banyantree.com