Cafe del Mar Bali looking for Patry Chef
To supervise the seamless running of the pastry, by providing a highly efficient and effective service whilst ensuring that all Food production and operation adheres to specified Food cost percentage. Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef Chef.
- The Pastry Chef performs the daily execution of all assigned Pastry food production and service execution while establishing and maintaining standards of operation in the areas of food quality, time lines of food, cleanliness and maintenance.
- To check all prepared pastry and food stocks (including dry stores) and replenish as necessary and inform Executive Sous Chef of any relevant shortages.
- To be aware of all relevant food suppliers and their products and order accordingly as and when necessary due to business demand.
- To supervise the smooth and efficient service and production of food from the department by working and liaising with other departments and Restaurant staff, and ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
- To ensure all department staff work hygienically and productively.
- To assist in the prevention of pilferage from the dry stores and refrigeration within the department.
- To ensure that the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are supervised and adhered to.
- To control wastage by maintaining the correct stock levels and rotation from dry stores and avoid the over production of food and mis en place.
- To be aware of the required food cost percentages as set down by the budget and to assist in the supervising and running of the department within these guidelines at all times.
- To remain on duty until the following shift takes over or until you are discharged by the Restaurant duty manager.
- To ensure all working areas of the kitchen, dry stores and refrigeration are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times, and especially after your shift has finished.
- To make sure, in conjunction with your team that all section files and recipes are maintained and updated.
- To maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and cooked ensuring it is to the Executive Chef’s and Restaurant standards.
- To ensure all main cool rooms are tidy and clean at all times, especially after each service, so the Duty Chef can carry out daily ordering.
- To ensure that all health marks are collected and allocated to the correct administration.
- To operate the pass service of food from the kitchen to the restaurant, liaising with the Restaurant staff and ensuring the food is to the standard required by the Executive Chef.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English
- At least 8 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Required Skill(s): Microsoft Office
- Preferably Manager/Assistant Manager specialized in Food/Beverage/Restaurant Service or equivalent.