Cafe del Mar Bali looking for Food & Beverage Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager leads the venue’s primary operational department toward achieving its relevant KPI’s. This position is responsible for the recruitment, training and discipline of staff, the department’s financial performance as well as its compliance with brand standards, policies and procedures and ultimately, the guest’s experience in the department’s operational outlets. Reporting to the Operations Manager and the General Manager this role plays a key role in converting the strategic goals and targets formulated by the Executive Committee into operational processes and tasks.
- Management and leadership of all Food and Beverage Service teams including the Restaurant, Pool Club, Night Club, Gelato & Juice and specialty outlet operations on a day to day basis.
- Implement and ensure the consistent production and delivery of the Food and Beverage product range as developed by the Executive Chef, General Manager and Group Operations Team.
- Ensure Food and Beverage Service products and activities meet Brand Standard guidelines. Work with the outlet managers and the HR department to take corrective action where appropriate, and within company guidelines, if standards are not met.
- Prepare short- and medium-term business forecasts to ensure that Outlet Managers are scheduling / rostering staff appropriately and that the correct quantities and types of supplies are available.
- Develop and suggest new products with a particular focus on items that reflect the unique characteristics of the venue’s location with a Café del Mar style / twist.
- Create an efficient, systematic and profitable Food and Beverage department with a strong emphasis on guest satisfaction.
- Guide the Beverage Manager, the Outlet Managers and their teams toward achieving the relevant KPI’s as assigned by the General Manager.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer and guest expectations, enabling Café del Mar to be recognised as a purveyor of consistent, quality and value for money products and services.
- Respond to any changes in food, beverage and service trends as dictated by the market.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of safety and hygiene are practiced and maintained by the entire Food & Beverage Service team to meet Health & Safety regulations according to local law.
- Liaise with other department managers, keeping the lines of communication open between the departments.
- Co-ordination of the Events, Guest Relations and Facilities Management teams to meet the Food & Beverage Service department requirements.
- Strive to implement the corporate Vision and demonstrate active use of company Values in your daily activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or General Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English
- At least 10 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably CEO/GM/Director/Senior Manager specialized in Food/Beverage/Restaurant Service or equivalent.