Chef De Partie
Responsible for assisting the Sous Chef with the administration and smooth running of the Kitchen. Primarily responsible for organizing work and follow up / tracing pending projects.
Scope of Position
- The Chef de Partie is responsible to assist the Sous Chef in supervising culinary operations of a specific kitchen or outlet.
- Maintain clear communications with the Sous Chef, including all relative internal communications, and to relay all guest comments both positive and negative.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- To supervise the kitchen team and produce consistently high-quality food production and presentation, always meeting agreed standards.
- He is to ensure a positive & professional working environment throughout the kitchens and influence culinary members through demonstrating technical skills, sharing knowledge and upholding all culinary & hotel standards.
- Train and develop junior kitchen staff to operate to the required standards as established by the Hotel and Chef’s Office.
- Ensure that agreed food hygiene, licensing and safety standards are communicated, upheld or surpassed, at all times.
- Abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Ensure the effective Inter kitchen and inter departmental communications are conducted in professional manner
- Ensure kitchen is set up and closed according to Standard Operating Procedures, including correct storage of all foods and meeting HACCP Standards.
- Minimum high school, tourism school or culinary school certification
- Minimum of 5-7 years cooking experience in restaurant and/or 4-5-star hotel kitchen (or relevant work experience)
- Minimum of 2 years in supervision experience
- Able to physical work
- Good English skills
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Positive creative
- Self-motivated and team player
- Ability in fast pace environment
- Able to lead a team of young chefs